Rachel, Day by Day
Hello, friends. I thought it seemed about the right time for an update. Life has been busy and full of ups and downs lately. I can’t believe so many things in life can change in a split second right before your eyes, and you barely have time to see it coming. There’s a glimpse into how things have been lately.
First, I’ll talk about politics, but I’ll be very brief. I’m tired of hearing the name Trump and looking at his face. I never thought he’d last this long. Who’s with me?! Ugh, that’s all I have to say about this at the moment. Except I’m proud of what Obama is accomplishing with Cuba. And I want to meet the Obamas someday. That’s a new life goal.
Here’s a list of highlights and lowlights over the last many weeks.
- I had a very nice baby shower at Wildfire Restaurant near the end of January with my family and friends. The food was delicious! We played Bingo, mingled, ate awesome food, and got some amazing presents for Baby. Everyone has been way too generous! Thanks to my mom for putting it together!
- Scott and I have slowly been able to have friends over at our new place over the past few months! Too bad we don’t have time for a housewarming party. Maybe after the baby is born.
- I had another great baby shower a few weeks later with friends and Scott’s family! The decorations and room were adorable; it was a baseball theme! We played some games and ate some awesome baseball park-themed food. I think Baby is doomed to love baseball! Baby got some very nice gifts (except for maybe the Cardinals onesies!) from everyone. Thanks to Stacie, Maggie, and Ashley for throwing such a great shower!
- Scott and I had a small Super Bowl Party in early February with family. I made a lot of yummy appetizers and had some Super Bowl trivia for everyone. We played the squares game, too. Uncle Paul, Uncle John, Sydney, Grandpa, my mom, and Ray were able to come. It was a nice time! I liked Coldplay at halftime, too. My favorite commercial was the Doritos one with the dogs. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8PmhTcIJk
- Sometime in February, I got locked in our half bathroom. The doorknob decided to stop working. I was having a panic attack since it’s a really small bathroom, but Scott was able to get me out. It wasn’t funny at the time, but it is now!
- Scott and I went to McCormick & Schmick’s Restaurant for Valentine’s Day. They have really good lobster bisque soup! It was a nice evening with my hubby.
- Scott’s work threw a baby shower for us at Brick House Tavern! That was a really cool place; I’d like to go back sometime. It was great meeting everyone and it was really nice of them.
- My coworkers threw a little shower for me over lunch last week. It was very nice! They gave Baby some very nice gifts. He is spoiled already. I was very surprised!
- On a sadder note, my grandpa passed away this past Saturday. But, I’ll write about that more in another post.
There’s my update for you. Now to go sleep! It’s late.